BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering with ArtLantis!!!! but which ArtLantis?

Anonymous
Not applicable
can anyone tell me which version of artlantis should i use
i dont know which one does what and which should i buy?
i have ARTLANTIS 4.5 and Im waiting for v. 5.0
but i heard that there are versions like ArtLantis R and ArtLantis classic
what are all these and which one should i use?
is there a version that compines all these?

thank you
92 REPLIES 92
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK Art4.5= classic ant Art5= Artlatis R and there is a possible Artlantis Studio that has the Radiosity of R and lets you do animations. The main difference between 4.5 and R is that R does not do animation and 4.5 does.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
i thought that artlantis 5 is just an upgrade for 4.5
anyway i ve already ordered it so lets hope is similar to 4.5

thanks for your time
Anonymous
Not applicable
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
lets hope is similar to 4.5

It is not.

You will be advised to take a couple of days to learn you way around the new Art.lantis.

If you jump right into it and try to emulate your 4.5 workflow, it will get pretty frustrating.

Best thing would be to download the excellent video tutorials Abvent has on their website, and go once trough them BEFORE running Art.lantis R and then use them while you learn the program.

Postpone real work for a couple of days and experiment with old Art.lantis 4.5 files.

Things to look out for in this new version that are very dissimilar to 4.5:

Radiosity: of course. (R stands for Radiosity, I think, not for Reallyslowrendering). This takes a while to get used to, but you will get pretty good images real soon.

New materials: Fresnel and Neon glass are two materials that will give your rendering the extra oompah. They are not easy to handle, and they have no parallel in 4.5, so you need to experiment.

Postcards: This is really hot. you save your image as a postcard i your album, then you can reapply all those materials on other projects, drag and drop easy.

Objects: This is something else. Now you can just import your shell from archicad, and the fill the scene with all kind of objects. You can even create your own object.

Other stuff you will learn as you get along.

One thing to remember: This is not an upgrade to 4.5, this is a new program, but with the same philosophy - ease of use, real time preview, one click material/light/camera assignment.

Ah, and no film making, for that you will have to wait for Art.lantis Studio, coming this year...

have fun
Anonymous
Not applicable
i really thank you for your time

you made this image with artlantis? its very good before enlargment i thought it was a real photo from a real place

thank you very much
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome
When you are passionate about a subject, it is no bother to talk about it... sometimes the difficulty is to make me shut up.

About the image: there is only one light source (sun), atmospheric light and Neon glass (a material). No funny tricks like diffuse light, lightsources pointing to the ceiling and whatever.

Ah! And 20 minutes rendering...

Here is another one, also only sun and atmospheric light.

have fun
lar T3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
its perfect!!
did you make it in archicad and then render it in artlantis??

my renders are not so good and especially my trees are fake your are very real!!
thank you very much!

ps! i show your web cite
all these projects are made in archicad?
these are very difficult shapes thats why im asking
Anonymous
Not applicable
Build in ArchiCAD, rendered in Artlantis.

Trees and people are library objects, I stopped using ArchiCAD props for rendering.

The tree comes with ArLantis (just one, if you want more you have to pay for them).

people I downloaded at www.formfonts.com/
They have 3ds files, you convert them into Artlantis objects in about 3 minutes each (with practice). It costs about 9€ a month, and you can download 30 objects (plus 30 textures) every day.
Anonymous
Not applicable
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
ps! i show your web cite
all these projects are made in archicad?
these are very difficult shapes thats why im asking
Opps, fogot that, sorry.

Yes, they are all ArchiCAD objects, and most of them are BIM, or VB, so it is not just pretty pictures

And no maxonform, so it was all done the hard way: GDL objects
Thomas Holm
Booster
Miguel,

simply beautiful!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!