BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Renderings for a Developer

Robert Fuchs
Booster
What do you guys think about these renderings. Modeled in AC10 and rendered in Artlantis Studio 1.26 and Photoshoped for the sketchy look. I think they turned out pretty good for the time I was allowed. I have a total of 30 hours put in. Modeled from scratch to the final renderings. The Artlantis file ended up @ 290 MB. My G5 was dragging pretty bad but got the job done. C&C are welcome.

Robert
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
14 REPLIES 14
Karl Ottenstein
And, while clouds in the glass are a good low-computing-cost trick - see also Dwight's book for cityscape imagery pseudo-reflected in glass...

I note that it seems that none of the recently posted Artlantis renderings (this and other threads) have taken advantage of a wonderful new feature of Artlantis 2: the dynamic 'heliodon sky'.

In the camera inspector, for the background, choose 'heliodon sky'. Then, in the Heliodon Inspector, you can turn on dynamic clouds (covering the entire sky-dome) with sliders to control the mix that you want. You can also animate aspects of this sky in an animation - although unfortunately you cannot make the clouds move.

The degree of cloud cover can be made to affect the brightness of the sun as well.

Not only do you get clouds generated at a resolution guaranteed to match your rendering - not worrying about the pixel count of the image that you choose for a background - but since it is an entire dome, you get good reflections and can also do VR's that have a decent sky. If your building is facing the sunrise, you'll see the rising sun and colored clouds in the window reflection even as you see different cloud cover behind it.

A wonderful new addition to Artlantis!

Cheers,
Karl

PS Nice images that started this thread. My comment about clouds really belongs in another thread - will reference back to it from there.
Picture 2.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Right you are!

No more need for lousy background photos and a wonderful way to modulate the sun strength and shadow softness.

This is one of the reasons to recommend Artlantis.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent work Robert. Very artistic rendering results from a computer generated rendering.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering where you have found the Ferris Wheel, i'm really looking for something like that for my project on the diploma thesis.
I'll be very grateful for any info that ull give me...
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
wonderful! inspiring! congrats!
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Learn and get certified!