BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Renderings for a Developer

Robert Fuchs
Booster
What do you guys think about these renderings. Modeled in AC10 and rendered in Artlantis Studio 1.26 and Photoshoped for the sketchy look. I think they turned out pretty good for the time I was allowed. I have a total of 30 hours put in. Modeled from scratch to the final renderings. The Artlantis file ended up @ 290 MB. My G5 was dragging pretty bad but got the job done. C&C are welcome.

Robert
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
14 REPLIES 14
Robert Fuchs
Booster
Here are a couple more images. I did 12 images total.

Robert
Crossing-2.jpg
Robert Fuchs
Dwight
Newcomer
This is inspired work. Congratulations. You have really captured character and excitement. I want to go there, not flee.

Artlantis 2 has some graphic tools to get you part way into this look.

I'm glad that you tell the time it took, since so many users expect this to be instant or automatic. You would be faster next time?

Can you please divide the time for us?

Model.
Artlanticization.
Photoshopification.
Other.
Dwight Atkinson
Robert Fuchs
Booster
Dwight wrote:
This is inspired work. Congratulations. You have really captured character and excitement. I want to go there, not flee.

Artlantis 2 has some graphic tools to get you part way into this look.

I'm glad that you tell the time it took, since so many users expect this to be instant or automatic. You would be faster next time?

Can you please divide the time for us?

Model.
Artlanticization.
Photoshopification.
Other.
Model: Took about 16 hours. I mainly used AC but did import some Sketchup models of the tent structure, Boats, Ferris Wheel and a couple other items.

Artlanticization: Took around 11 hours. Materials, set up views then adding entourage. I let all 11 views render over night. Each were 2592x1728 and took around 30-45 minutes each on low radiosity. I would say 2 to 3 hours of my time here was waiting on the computer because of the file size.

Photoshopification: Took around 3 hours. Close to 2 hours of that was to figure out what filters and settings to use to get the look I was going for. After that was figured out, modifying the other images went quickly.

Dwight, Thanks for the wonderful comments. Attached are a couple more views from the boardwalk.

Robert
Robert Fuchs
Dwight
Newcomer
It is Robert's birthday tomorrow so you all should congratulate him on a wonderful job.

Not that anyone has the time to do this, it is a fine lesson on what it takes to start getting happy, storytelling images out of the system...
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice images, Robert!
I would ask if you could show us a fraction of a picture at the original resolution!
Anonymous
Not applicable
All right - if we talk about semi-stylized Artlantis renderings - here is some more - don't comment on design - it's for developers too!
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here is another one; Still - All right - as little as possible comments on design - it's for developers too!
Robert Fuchs
Booster
kliment wrote:
Nice images, Robert!
I would ask if you could show us a fraction of a picture at the original resolution!
Here is a little clip from the image.

Robert
Robert Fuchs
Dwight
Newcomer
krysmark wrote:
And here is another one; Still - All right - as little as possible comments on design - it's for developers too!
The purpose of having such expansive glass is to give the dweller a sense of commanding his panorama. When the glass is opaque and diffuse like you have rendered it, the building looks like Little Orphan Annie - no pupils.

In reality, a photo from this angle would show some sky reflection, but we should also see inside the structure to appreciate its volume. You can put some clouds in the glass....
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!