Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Renovation Filter Bug AC25

R Muller
Enthusiast

I note the following bug in the renovation filter: 

Checking the box Renovation Filter/ Graphic Override Rules to override line type for existing elements causes ALL Renovation Filters that override existing elements to have the same line type override.  The following screen shots from a blank file using the AC25 template illustrate the problem.

Work-around: line types of existing elements can be successfully overridden using a Graphic Override instead.

AC25
Mac OSMonterey 12.1
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) 

Apple M1 Max

R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I do not think this is a bug, this it the intended behavior.

Renovation Filter overrrides are a special type of Graphic Override. However, they are a global setting and not something that can be different from one Graphic Override Combination to another.

If you still need different representation, then you need to use the workaround you described.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I do not think this is a bug, this it the intended behavior.

Renovation Filter overrrides are a special type of Graphic Override. However, they are a global setting and not something that can be different from one Graphic Override Combination to another.

If you still need different representation, then you need to use the workaround you described.

R Muller
Enthusiast

Thank you- I heard the same from Graphisoft support.  Is this documented somewhere?   If so, I certainly missed it.

R Muller
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This Help Center page discusses how Graphic Overrides and Renovation Filter overrides are applied:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide-chapter/86811/

This is a useful page.  But it doesn't say that all renovation filters that override New construction (for example) have to override it in exactly the same way.  I was surprised to discover this in the process of this dialog.

R Muller