BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Filter Overrides on Solid Fill Walls

Hobbesnb
Booster
Has anyone run into this problem?

The Renovation filter fill override won't override wall fills if they are
"Solid" fills (i.e. - 25%, 50%, Foreground).

Is this a glitch, or is there a reason that the "Solid" fills are immune from the Override function?
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
I also ran into this, don't know if there is a reason it is intentional, a technical limitation of some type, or just overlooked and so a bug.

For AC 14 and earlier I used an Empty Fill (copied and renamed Existing) for my existing walls (and slabs, roofs, etc), and had used a blank white Solid type fill. For AC 15, to utilize the Renovation override feature, I copied a nearly blank Vectorial Fill (like Cut Stone), increased its spacing to infinity (ok, 328083'-11.874" which is some ArchiCAD limit) and named it Existing. This has worked for me so far in terms of getting a result that matches my previous standards while being able to use the new feature. I don't know if there is a similar solution for getting a black or % fill from a Vectorial Fill to match or simulate one of the other Solid Fills.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Hobbesnb
Booster
Thanks David.

I'm hoping it's just an oversight by ArchiCAD that will be corrected soon. In the meantime, I'll play around with some vectorial fills as per your suggestion.
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
Holger Kreienbrink
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You must have a baclground pen to override it. If the background pen is set to transparent the renovation override does nothing - you can also use this as a feature.
Holger Kreienbrink
Director Product Intelligence
Munich, Germany
Archicad since Version 5....
If I sound too harsh, please forgive me: I am German.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Changing the background pen will not help, the New Wall fill will not display with Solid Fills.

David
Reno_wall_fills.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!