Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Renovation Layouts

Eman
Contributor

Hi,

Please which is the best way to save layouts? I mean after renovation is done, then I want to save layouts as existing, as proposed and as proposed (clean copy). What I do is I go on plan and select existing from renovation filter and then I drag the plan to layout, then I select proposed from the renovation filter and I drag the plan to layout and then I select proposed (clean copy) from the renovation filter and I drag the plan to layout. So after that I have 3 plans on the layout. I have to do this for every ground, every section and every elevation. I think that there is another better way to do it instead of the way I do it.

Thanks in advance.

Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You shouldn't be dragging directly from the Project Map to the Layouts.

You should set up you plan and then save as a View in the View Map.

It is that View that you place on the layout as a drawing.

The view will contain settings for reno filter, graphic override, layer combination, pen set, scale, etc.

That way the view (and hence the drawing on the layout) will remain the same unless you deliberately change the settings.

If you 'Clone' folders in your View Map, then everything in that folder will have the same settings, so you do not have to create the same for each storey, section, elevation.

So you would create a clone folder of your storeys for existing, new, to be demolished.

The same for your elevations and sections.

Now as you add more storeys, sections, elevations, these cloned folders will automatically update with the new views with the correct settings.

You then decide which ones you add to your layouts.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

You shouldn't be dragging directly from the Project Map to the Layouts.

You should set up you plan and then save as a View in the View Map.

It is that View that you place on the layout as a drawing.

The view will contain settings for reno filter, graphic override, layer combination, pen set, scale, etc.

That way the view (and hence the drawing on the layout) will remain the same unless you deliberately change the settings.

If you 'Clone' folders in your View Map, then everything in that folder will have the same settings, so you do not have to create the same for each storey, section, elevation.

So you would create a clone folder of your storeys for existing, new, to be demolished.

The same for your elevations and sections.

Now as you add more storeys, sections, elevations, these cloned folders will automatically update with the new views with the correct settings.

You then decide which ones you add to your layouts.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, I tried everything you said and is much better this way.

Thanks very much.

Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor