Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Renovation Windows

ROBERT ACTON
Beginner

Hi all, Can someone tell me how I do not include a Window in the Window Schedule if it is being removed?

Cheers-Bob Acton

Barefoot Building Design

4 REPLIES 4
poco2013
Mentor

Windows and doors take on the renovation status of their parent walls. I don't agree with that but that's it.

To schedule windows/doors based on renovation status if the window only is to be demolished and not the wall, just create a new property with a option list of New ,Existing (default), Demolished. Set the classification to Windows

Set your window status in the new property for the window in question.

Then in your schedule, in the criteria section select that property and select "is" and in the drop down -- select your named status.

Basically involves a extra step but only need be set up once.

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

Probably should be "is not" instead of "is"

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
ROBERT ACTON
Beginner

Ha thanks for that poco, that may well have done my head in. I'll see how it goes.

@poco2013 wrote:

Windows and doors take on the renovation status of their parent walls. I don't agree with that but that's it.

I checked this and this statement is not entirely true. It is true when the Renovation Status of the Wall is "To Be Demolished" or "New".

However, when a Wall's Renovation Status is "Existing", the Door/Window you place into it can have any Renovation Status.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27