BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation filter overrides - lineweights

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to figure out how to use the renovation filter overrides to show all existing elements with a consistent thinner lineweight (not gray since we have had problems with gray lines either disappearing or becoming black). It looks like this option is not available in either ArchiCAD 18 or 19 and has been unavailable for a long time. It would be incredibly useful to be able to choose to affect the lineweight as well as the color when using the renovation filter. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this another way (without manually changing the settings for each object)?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ARCHICAD 20 will have a new feature called Graphic Override Combinations. You will be able to create Override Rules, where you can define Criteria and elements meeting the criteria can be overridden. Their Fill, Pen and Surface attributes can be set to be overridden. The Pen color and the Pen Weight can be overridden separately. You can define as many Override Rules as needed and multiple of these Override Rules can be applied to any Viewpoint. Graphic Override Combinations will be saved with Views.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome! Looking forward to this feature in ArchiCAD 20.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
laszlonagy wrote:
The Pen color and the Pen Weight can be overridden separately.
Let me give some additional info because this may be ambiguous phrased like this.
So there will be 2 radio buttons:
- Override Pen Color Only
- Override Pen Color and Thickness

But there will be no "Override Thickness Only" option.
DGSketcher
Legend
I don't see your problem? The Graphic Overrides that Laszlo mentions in v20 are available in the Renovation Overrides so you can set the pen for Existing lines to any colour/weight you want. The downside unlike v20 is that the selected pen is a global setting.

Are you publisher setting possibly overriding your output e.g. are you selecting "Black & White" or "Gray Scale" which can give unexpected results?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The problem with ARCHICAD 19 and previous versions is that the Renovation Overrides override the Pen color, but not the Pen's thickness.
Graphic Overrides will also automatically incorporate Renovation Overrides, and additionally, now you will have the option to override Pens' thicknesses as well, not only their color.
DGSketcher
Legend
I hadn't realised the original weight was retained in 19.

Looking forward even more to v20...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!