Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation filter - remove door and keep the opening?

arg617
Contributor
Is there a way to set the renovation filter to keep the opening in the wall when removing a door? Seems like it should be straightforward but it has me stumped......
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
I don't think so because when you say to demolish (don't show) the door you are effectively removing the opening as well.
The door object is what controls the opening.
I don't use the reno filters but I am pretty sure there is no option to leave just the opening (I may be wrong).

I would tag the door "to be demolished" and set it to hide in your filter and then set up a "new" opening and set it to show.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
arg617
Contributor
Sorry for what may be a dumb question, but how does one tag a door to be demolished and set it to hide?
Barry Kelly
You tag your door in the settings dialogue.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Set if you want it to 'show', 'hide, or 'override' in the renovation filter settings.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
arg617
Contributor
Thanks Barry. I ended up using the button on the upper right of the renovation palette. I selected the door and chose to have it show in the Existing Plan filter only, then created a set to show in the Demolition Plan only, then created an empty opening in the After Demolition Plan which is set to show on all filters.

Seems like this could be taken care of by a prompt asking if you want to keep the opening or infill the opening after demolishing a door or window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found up this old thread from 2015, and just wondering if this is still the case in AC 24, needing to use a work-around to show an opening after demolition?

Presumably to show a new infill wall inside that opening we'd also then need to play with material priorities or create a new 'infill wall' layer with a different intersection group number?