Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation style override pen thickness

dhnguyen
Contributor
My 3D walls and 2D lines are set to be "demolished" under the renovation status. They are on the same renovation style override, which has a thickness of .40mm. How do I make my 2D lines show up thicker? - please see attached image, thank you.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi dhnguyen,
Check menu View > On-Screen Options > True Line Weight and see the real line weight of your pens.
There is also an option for bold cut lines. I you don´t want, uncheck it.
Hope that helps.
dhnguyen
Contributor
Thanks for your response. I had it set to "true line weight".
I noticed that if i changed the original color of the 2D line into the same yellow color that I selected for the renovation style overwrite, then the lines will show up with the same thickness as the 3D wall lines... But then that defeats the purpose of not being able to use the default "Existing Plan" Renovation Filter Option.
All of my lines will have the same thickness under the existing plan.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that if i changed the original color of the 2D line into the same yellow color that I selected for the renovation style overwrite, then the lines will show up with the same thickness as the 3D wall lines
this is happening in a Layout view, right?
Check the renovation rules for similar yellow colors...
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dhnguyen:

AC18, an older version, does not have the option to Override Pen Color Only, which is available in AC23. Somewhere between these two versions this option was added.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
dhnguyen
Contributor
I see, thank you, my limitations.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25