BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

!Restored: Dynamic Cut Plane in 3D window

Anonymous
Not applicable
I accidentally came across a cool visualization method a little while ago and can't seem to replicate it:

In 3D window, I had a section cut through the model and when I went to move through it, the viewer was static and the cut plane stayed in the same place but the model moved through the cutplane with the effect that I could dynamically scroll through the model with the cutplane.

Any ideas on how or why this worked? Don't know it was in 10, if it was the old navigator pallete or a bug.

Sure was nice tool though if we can get on a wish list.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope you're not looking for this bug :

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Model_cut_in_3D
Anonymous
Not applicable
That may be what I experienced. When exploring, this clipping plane would slice progressively through the model as you walked toward it.

How awesome would it be to be able to scroll through the model in this way to find any remaining model building issues. I think it would make a good tool!
Dwight
Newcomer
That behavior is a bug, all right.

Okay, if you are just noodling around looking for trouble in the model, just make a SEO slab act on the entire structure...... Drag it around in the OpenGL window... keep it free of the model by placing it well below the other
elements and subtract upward...
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!