Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Roof Tool Outlines

Brett Brown
Advocate

Don't know if this has been brought up before but why,why,why does 2 roof planes with the same pitch and outline line type are totally different? Can't be because ones a single roof plane? Same in AC 24

BrettBrown_0-1661494220965.png

Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
11 REPLIES 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Are you talking about the look of the outline line type? That seems to have something to do with whether or not the pitching line is above or below the lowest point of the roof...

Lingwisyer_0-1661498101031.png

In AC22. Multipitch on the left, single on the right. 550 eave on the bottom, 0 on the top.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yes I am talking about the line type, both are the same, both have pitching line above lowest point of roof, you can see the dashes are total different sizes and spacings using exactly the same line type

Are both the uncut and overhead line types the same for both roofs?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Are both on the same home story?

Yes, both uncut and overhead line types are the same for both Roofs ( but are different for outline only and Overhead) and are both on the same home story.

Further investigation, both were and are set to outlines only, same line type. Both have the same  Overhead All line type which is different. The error? is the hip roof outline is using the overhead line type (which is not even an option) when you use outlines only. Another Bug? 

The single roof plane uses the outline only line type even tho its overhead line type is different and the same setting as the hip roof.

So why is the hip roof not using the outline only line type?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Do both Roofs have the same Story as their Home Story?

If not, one of the Roofs may be displayed with the line type specified in Project Preferences for display on non-Home Stories.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

In my images, if I move the reference line the a Zero eave, the outline spacing changes.

Both are on the same story, definitely a bug in the multi-plane roof settings. You have to have the line type the same in both outline only and over head, for it to get the outlines only to work.

Ling, I can't reproduce your error. Always the same line type. Can someone try to prove it is a bug.

Rightio. Might have been fixed on later versions.