BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Roof cut lines on varying heights

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Hello, I am trying to show the cut lines of different roofs on different layers. For example we have multiple roofs that are at the same story, but due to topography and ceiling height they are placed at a different height. In the plan we are interested in where the roof has a certain height above the actual floor, not above archicads story level. Is this possible to achieve without manually calculating and doing 2d lines?

Another example would be to show the roof cut lines say 1900 mm above the floor in one place, and 1200 in another, to show where furniture could be placed or so.

For stairs there is a (somewhat functional) option to chose the cut level, is there something similar for roofs?
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
PVBergkrantz:

There is a command Create Roof Level Lines... which will place lines calculated at a given height for the roof, so it will take care of the manual calculation. I don't know if it is part of the standard Work Environment, you may need to add it.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
PVBergkrantz
Expert
I'm aware of that, but was hoping for something linked to the roof object so it would update if the roof changes.

runxel
Legend
There is a skylight (yes, as in window skylight), that does exactly this. And since it's hosted in the roof the line will always be right.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
PVBergkrantz
Expert
Sounds interesting. Do you know the name?

Learn and get certified!