Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Roof material is not changing

Roopa A
Contributor

Hi,

I have created a sloped roof using the shell tool and applied the corrugated sheet material yesterday.

It was fine , But now I wanted the Red corrugated sheet, I have downloaded the material from CADHATCH.COM website, And imported to my project using surface setting dialog box.

Now if I applied that to the roof it is not taking the material, earlier I have applied the Normal corrugated sheet material which is default in the Archicad.

Why it is not applying the material, I have restarted the Archicad file also, still the material is not applying.

I have attached the material and the screenshot of the file, please check me and help me in this.......

Step by stepI have attached the scrrenshot

Metal-3037.jpgScreenshot (242).pngScreenshot (243).pngScreenshot (241).pngScreenshot (244).png

Roopa A S
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Might be useful to show the Surface Dialogue on the OpenGL page.

Your two tags are of no help to anyone. Suitable tags might include; Roof, Shell, Surfaces, Custom Surfaces.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Roopa A
Contributor

I have attached the surface dialog box settings

Screenshot (245).pngScreenshot (247).pngScreenshot (246).png
Roopa A S
Lingwisyer
Guru

There is your problem. The 3D window will use the OpenGL surface (default) which is based on the image provided at the bottom of the Surface Dialogue. In your case, both surfaces are using the same image. Add your red image to your projects library, then click on the Search at the bottom of the Surfaces Dialogue, find and change it.

If you are wanting to render it, you will have to add a red Colorize filter to the Color Channel on the Cinerender page. The may be a bit troublesome given that I do not believe the Color Channel is layered by default, which means you will need to rebuild it from scratch in order to add it.

Ling.

ps. For anyone using AC25, has Cinerender texture editing been updated yet? Does Redshift use the same textures?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Roopa A
Contributor

Ok, thank you. it is working

Roopa A S