Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Roof plan slope labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm having troubles trying to figure out how to label the roof pitch on a roof plan. I have been searching online for hours and can not find anything so I am in desperate need of help. I attempted the label tool in the layout book it kinda works but not the way I wish it to. It comes up with the digit rotated the wrong way. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks guys
8 REPLIES 8
RandyC
Advocate
here is a Label I made -- it only works on roof and will give degrees or slope
I could not find a way for it to "sense" which side of the roof you click on but if you save a Right and a Left
in favorites it is easier to use , ( it also has a flip when you open it up )

It will also calculate roof surface on plan view
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Tim Ball
Expert
You can use Autotext. It will pick up the roof pitch
Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Bill
Contributor
Tim,

Great tip on the autotext... hadn't thought of that option!

However, I can only get it to show the pitch in degrees, and most of the roofers around here think in 3:12, 4:12, etc... do you know if the autotext can be configured to display in that manner? I tried but couldn't figure out how.

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
RandyC
Advocate
to do it with a label and autotext in Archicad 22 you must enter the expression
CONCAT (STR(TAN(Pitch)*12,1)."/12"
in Property manager
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is where you see how Archicad is really not geared towards the North American market.

If only they knew how big an effect this has on potential users...
Lingwisyer
Guru
Michael wrote:
...geared towards the North American market

That would be up to your local reseller. As far as I know, it is up to them to add region specific objects. In this case it would be a label that does what Randy has said without referring to the Property Manager.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
If that’s the case, I will bug my local rep for a few items then.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Lingwisyer wrote:
Michael wrote:
...geared towards the North American market

That would be up to your local reseller. As far as I know, it is up to them to add region specific objects. In this case it would be a label that does what Randy has said without referring to the Property Manager.

Ling.
It's certainly how it works with the NL version. We have loads of extra functionality in our subscription version. Library parts, zone stamps, addons etc etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5