Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Roofing and walls

Maleng
Participant

Hello,

I need help with Archicad about the detailed viewing of the walls and roof. I want to do these with my design in detailed view, the ones showed below but i don't know how to do it. 

This is in Archicad 25

Screenshot 2022-06-16 122547.pngScreenshot 2022-06-16 122737.png
4 REPLIES 4
Maleng
Participant

I want to do these. Above but currently it only makes me do bland walls that doesn't have any features added to it

Create the model as accurately as you can.

There is an old motto - "Model it as it is built".

Generally this will be good for section up to about 1:50 scale.

For larger scales you can use the detail tool (this give you a nice reference marker).

You increase the scale and add 2D annotation (lines, fills, 2D objects) to get the level of detail you need.

Some of the fills (hatch patterns) for thing like insulation and concrete may come directly from the model if you have the correct building materials set up.

Otherwise overlay 2D fills.

The roof shingle or tiles are unlikely to be modelled in Archicad (unless you use an add-on for a roof surface - but try not to do that - too many polygons).

So there you either draw fills and multiply them or look for a 2D object that can take care of them - it just depends on what objects you have available in your (the default) library.

I can't really help with that as I have my own custom library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

hello,

Do you know what addons are for roof tiles that work in Archicad 25? and how do i overlay 2D fills? do you mean draw on the detailed view or draw the whole thing in Archicad from section view?

Regrads:Maleng

The add-ons I was thinking of are the Graphisoft 'Goodies'.

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/goodies

In that package there is an 'Accessory' add-on that allows you to add surfaces to roofs - beware, you will increase the polygon count of your model by a lot potentially - especially when you start adding roof tiles.

You can find other 3rd party objects that work with these accessories.

Some are free, others are not.

Generally I would only add 2D fills to a detail - but you can add them to any section/elevation that you want to.

Generally you will not get the level of detail you need from Archicad elements themselves for large scale details, so you need to start adding further detail by adding lines, fills and 2D objects.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11