BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Roofs acting up...

Kamelite
Enthusiast

This is what happens: I select the roof where the red arrow points, and selects as shown in the first picture.

2022-01-03_16-02-46.jpg

Then, I hit Esc and selects the roof at the end of the arrow in the picture below. Seems like it is two roofs, one big and one small, the small is overlapping the big. But its not. Somehow, when I select the roof on the picture above, I select both roofs. When I select like in the picture belov, I select only halfe the roof.

2022-01-03_16-01-44.jpg

2022-01-03_16-01-44.jpg

And here comes the interesting part: Somehow, when eksporting to IFC, the translator sees theese as two separate roofs, which means the small roof with the windows is exported twice. As you can see in the lowermost picture, there is an image taken from the Solibri-view, and the roof pointed by the green arrow  looks like it is two elements occupying the same space.

I've tried almost every trick that I know of, no hidden layers, no double objects, nothing....

Any ideas?

.Kamelite

  

Windows 10, Archicad 27
5 REPLIES 5
Kamelite
Enthusiast

I should mension thet selecting the roofs in Solibri gives the same result as AC when it comes to selcting the roofs in question.

I should also mension that this is not my model, just cleaning up the mess...

Windows 10, Archicad 27
4dProof
Advisor

my guess is you have two roofs in the same plane, either entirely overlapping or a single smaller roof partially overlapping. Try "edit > check duplicates > select duplicates" and see if it somes up with any.

You could also use the element ID manager to give each roof a unique ID number, then find and select roofs by element ID to track down the overlapping roof... or just select the roof, then shift + drag select to deselect the roof and simultaneously select any duplicate/overlapping roof...

but in any case, yes, it appears you have duplicated roof elements.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Issue solved. It seems as if nested boolen operations was the problem, although I don't understand why. The smallest roof was the operator for cutting the walls to accomodate the roof. Done that 100 times. But somehow, when doing boolean operations on the second roof, and including the first roof, everything messed up. Don't know if this is a bug or whatever. Issue resolved, nevertheless!

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

By the looks of it, I'd usually agree. But in this case, I have to disagree. See the solution in a prior comment of mine.

But thnx for the effort 🙂

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

if it is a "multi-plane" roof, it could be sub-parting it out, but I haven't seen sub-parts individually selectable in AC; only in exported IFC format

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Learn and get certified!