Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Rotate titles in layouts

KeesW
Advocate
I sometimes need to rotate a view on my layouts - say through 90 degrees. The tile associated with the view rotates with the view. How can I NOT rotate the title with the view? I prefer to keep the titles horizontal, even when views are rotated. Any ideas?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I don't have Archicad in front of me at the moment but I think rotating the view in Archicad rather than rotating the drawing on the layout will work for you.
The rotation angle is in the bar along the bottom of the view window.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kees:

Check the Title parameters (in the Title panel of the Drawing Settings). For the Built-In Drawing Title there is a parameter Rotate with Position, turn it off and there should be a Custom Angle parameter for the Title. These are GDL entities, so each Title's parameters could be different.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eduardo Rolon
You don't rotate the View in the Layout. You save a new View (or duplicate a Saved View) with the rotation that you need.
If I remember correctly:
• Rotate the view using the button shown in the image
• Save the View and make sure that choose "Zoom Area" as view option
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
I merged your 2 topics since they were the same question. Please avoid posting twice the same question, it makes our work harder.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator