Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Rotated views are creating multiple "models" in autocad when exporting DWG files

Frillex
Advocate

Hello everyone, 

This one might be hard to crack! 

I have an issue when I'm merging layouts to one DWG file when the views are made from the same story in Archicad but they have different rotations. When opening the DWG in Autocad's version of model view (the layouts look good) there is one model for each rotated view.

I will try to explain to you step by step, and hopefully somebody have seen this before, I've tried and tried to figure out the solution but with no success. Here we go:

1. Save two or more different views from the same story with different rotations (i think its called orientation in AC). 

2. Place the two views on two drawings

3. Make a publisher set and place the views in a folder, choose DWG and Merge to one DWG-file.

4. Publish and open in Autocad and the layouts will look good but there will be multiple versions of the floor plan. One for each rotated view. 

I have attached screenshots to hopefully make it easier for you to understand what I'm trying to explain. 

Thanks in advance! 

Felix 

Layouts in archicad.pngModel in floor plan.pngNavigator & translator settings.png
AC 26, OS MONTEREY
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Frillex
Advocate

Hello silent audience. 

Apparently this has something to do with the view map. As Autocad do not have this middle step between model and layout the translation between Archicad and DWG doesn't work. 

The workaround as i mentioned above is that you will have to rotate the drawings placed on the layout and not the orientation in the views. 

Over and and. 

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Frillex
Advocate

Let me know if the silence depends on me explaining poorly!

Thanks in advance! 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Frillex
Advocate

I have talked to one of AC masters here in Sweden, and according to him Archicad can not export proper DWG files if there is more then one orientation linked to the layouts when merging to one DWG. 

The solution would be to rotate the views placed on layouts instead of the actual view. 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Solution
Frillex
Advocate

Hello silent audience. 

Apparently this has something to do with the view map. As Autocad do not have this middle step between model and layout the translation between Archicad and DWG doesn't work. 

The workaround as i mentioned above is that you will have to rotate the drawings placed on the layout and not the orientation in the views. 

Over and and. 

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Sorry for silence but sure someone is there trying to help you and find the right solution or even advice that may lead to a solution.

Despite I didn’t challenge with this case before but have you tried to save into model space rather than the paper space & also try not to merge into one DWG file and merge them in AutoCAD that may help.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

I was just joking with the silence part 🙂

Its all fine. 

I prefer doing all in AC and try to open autocad as little as possible. But the workaround that i wrote about works fine. 

And i posted about the workaround for future users having the same problem. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY