Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Rounding off dimensions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Friends,

I was wondering if there is a way to set a round off for dimensions. We can always model the building in correct dimensions but sometimes its distance to the site boundary is not always going to be to 10mm or 5mm dimensions.

I was wondering if there is a way to set a round off instead of doing a manual change for all the dimensions one by one.

Kind Regards,

Andy
6 REPLIES 6
vistasp
Advisor
Andy, you need to set your dimension preferences for the project. See this helpcentre article for more.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
Andy, you need to set your dimension preferences for the project. See this helpcentre article for more.
Hi Vistasp, the article seems to introduce how to add decimals and round decimals. However, I was wondering if I could round the milimeters instead of decimals. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Andy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do not round metric dimensions, just draw to the correct size.

If I catch anyone in my office editing dimensions they would get reprimanded, there is too much risk in editing dimensions

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
Do not round metric dimensions, just draw to the correct size.

If I catch anyone in my office editing dimensions they would get reprimanded, there is too much risk in editing dimensions

Scott
As much as I agree with you. I think it makes sense to leave exact dimensions from site boundaries as well. Say 2002mm is fine to indicate a 2 meter setback but it seems some councils prefer to have rounded off dimensions.

Cheers,

Andy
Barry Kelly
No you can't round to 5mm or 10mm, it is millimeters, centimeters or meters and then you can set the decimal precision.
As other have said try not to adjust dimensions - show it for what it really is.

If it ends up something and 12mm from a site boundary then so be it.
At least you are being as accurate as you can be.
The tradie will round it up or down to the nearest 5mm or 10mm no doubt.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
No you can't round to 5mm or 10mm, it is millimeters, centimeters or meters and then you can set the decimal precision.
As other have said try not to adjust dimensions - show it for what it really is.

If it ends up something and 12mm from a site boundary then so be it.
At least you are being as accurate as you can be.
The tradie will round it up or down to the nearest 5mm or 10mm no doubt.

Barry.
Hi Barry, I think that should be the way it is as well, there shouldn't be any problems giving dimensions that are accurate.

that's what i am going to do.

Cheers