Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

SECTION LINE & GRID ELEMENTS

Gisele
Advocate

Why are the level marking + grid elements not consistent in the sections? I have the same scale for both attached sections, but the level marking + grid elements in section 4 have a larger size than in Section 3 

section.jpg
AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BrunoH
Expert

Is the image a screenshot of a layout ?

If so it's certainly that the views the drawings are generate from are not at the same scale.

I think so because the cotation text and the story level markers are also smaller in section 3 than in section 4 with the same scale difference.

The scale of a drawing place on a layout can be different from the source view.

For example a drawing scale can be 1/100 and the source 1/50 ending as the equivalent as a photo copy reduction of 1/2.

Check the to drawings options and compare the drawing and source scale for each.

Drawing Scale.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BrunoH
Expert

Is the image a screenshot of a layout ?

If so it's certainly that the views the drawings are generate from are not at the same scale.

I think so because the cotation text and the story level markers are also smaller in section 3 than in section 4 with the same scale difference.

The scale of a drawing place on a layout can be different from the source view.

For example a drawing scale can be 1/100 and the source 1/50 ending as the equivalent as a photo copy reduction of 1/2.

Check the to drawings options and compare the drawing and source scale for each.

Drawing Scale.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey
Gisele
Advocate

Thank you!

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor