BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

SETTING GI IN BIMX MODEL?

Barry Kelly
When you create a new publisher set...

And if you already have created a publisher set...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys im using AC 16 i need to craete files for BIMx please help we can even go to whatsapp ... Number removed by moderator - contact original poster by Private message if need be.
Barry Kelly
In version 16 it is done from the 3D window.
Then FILE menu > Export to BIMx.

If you do not have a desktop viewer then the latest version can be found here.

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/bimx/bimx_desktop

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
shrutiniwas
Contributor
Barry wrote:
When you create a new publisher set...

BIMx_GI.jpg

And if you already have created a publisher set...

Barry.
BIMx_GI_2.jpg
Now the GI is not visible in the new BIMx app. It is only available in BIMx Legacy version, which may cease to exist anytime. Should be expect the GI visibility in the new BIMx, or any other methodology applied to show better hypermodels?
Podolsky
Ace
The reason why GI is not in use, because on Mac it been replaced with Metal rendering system - built in into iOS.
Original GI was actually ambient occlusion (that is not really GI) and took ages to perform on large projects - because it used only one core for calculations. So even if you have the most powerful 12 cores killing machine - GI production might take all night.
The new metal shading looks different but not so bad (just don't know how it looks on Android or Windows now). Most important - it solves the problem of very long GI processing in large size files.
I would like to see more professional solution for GI in BIMx - that it would be more photo-realistic and support light sources. This is something that Interior designers really need.