BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Same drawing, different plot scale, same text size?

Tom Krowka
Booster
I have a survey, that I want to plot out in two different scale, 1"=10', and 1" = 30'. I put the text in the Archicad drawing with our typical sizes, 8pt. for notes, bearings, etc, 24 pt. for title, etc. on the drawing that is scaled to 1"=10". Then I saved the drawing to a 1"=10' view, then changed the scale on the drawing to 1"=30" and saved that to the 1"=30' view. Did not change any text sizes.

When I plot the 1/10 drawing, all is fine. I plotted the 1"=30' drawing twice. First time I used the 1/10 drawing, changed the output scale to 1/30 and set the text and markers to scale to the output size. The 8 pt. text is scaled down too fine to read. The 24pt. is OK, but still small.

Then I plotted the 1/30 view, left all text as is. Text becomes too large and gets all jumbled up on itself.

All the text is individual lines of text.

Is there any easy way to get the text to maintain the same spacing and size when plotting, even thought the scales of the drawings are different?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are saving another view in AC? Correct? Dont' do this...Just change the scale through drawing setting attributes in PlotMaker. This will keep your text "scale sensitive"
Learn and get certified!