BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Saving Window Marker Preferences

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm pretty new to Archicad and I was wondering if there was a way to create a window marker for the office which would make it easy to select (like the 'W Marker 18' that I used to make the changes in the first place). I have a bunch of windows in the project that I'd like to use the marker on and I'd rather not go through and change the parameters on every single one. Also, I'd like to be able to use the same marker on a different project.

I searched the forums but the closest I came to finding a solution was creating a custom GDL object but the object editor is completely foreign to me. I was hoping I could at least open the 'W Marker 18' object so I could just edit the parameters I care about but even though I went through the window marker sub-type, it was un-editable but... also represented by an actual window, not a marker.

I'm probably going about this the wrong way. Does anyone know an easy way to do this?
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
As a first step you can select all the windows by clicking on the Window Icon and using CTRL or COMMAND +A. This will select all the windows only.

Once you selected all the windows if you edit the marker setting that is the only thing that will change all other window settings should stay put.

Obviously make a backup before attempting.

After that grab one of the windows, open its settings and click on the Favorites button on top and save it. This will be your basic window and from here on out you can import your favorites to your new file.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Statari wrote:
I was hoping I could at least open the 'W Marker 18' object so I could just edit the parameters I care about but even though I went through the window marker sub-type, it was un-editable but... also represented by an actual window, not a marker.
Since the Marker is opened from an .lcf file, it is not editable, but you can Save As... a copy to have an editable version (which you should do anyway so the edited part with a different name and GUID is kept separate from the standard ArchiCAD Library, the new one should be part of your office library). This library part is a Marker (Subtype: Window Marker), and you can change the default parameter values in the Parameters Window of the main Library Part window.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
To clarify what David is suggesting... since you're new... if you edit / create a new version of the marker it will have no effect on any placed windows until you edit the window and switch to your new marker. Or, select all windows and switch to your marker.

So, Eduardo's method is almost as many steps... and by saving the Favorite your are good for future insertions. But do note that not all marker settings will be saved with a Favorite, as the Favorite is saving the Window parameters and the basic market selection. But, all marker sub-parameters are not stored with the Favorite...unless this has been added as a feature in recent versions and I haven't noticed.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!