Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Saving part plan Q.View for import to plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way of saving a part of a plan as a quick view such that it is the only part of the plan which will import into plotmaker.

eg. we have an array of buildings, and short of setting up layer combinations so that all the other buildings are turned off, we want to import an electrical plan of just one building into plotmaker.

a marqueed quickview would be ideal, but i haven't figured out how to do that,

I know you can specify a zoom in your quickview, but that doesn't correspond to any plotmaker drawing limit.

(typical plotmaker shortfall really!)

any ideas would be great,
cheers!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try this in PM Options>Preferences>Miscellaneous tab. It appears to be a global setting, so check your other imported drawings too.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Simply save your view with Zooming set to Current Zoom. This has the effect of unchecking 'Fit Frame to Drawing' in the Drawiing Settings, once the drawing is placed in PlotMaker.

Then make sure the checkbox that S2art mentioned is checked.

Whooshka!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This could (read "should") be a setting for each imported view, rather than a global setting, don't you think, Link?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe this preference only acts on the frame size when the drawing is imported. Once the drawing is on the sheet, you can change the preference and update drawings - the frames will not change.

not extensively tested, so I could be wrong...

wes
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This could (read "should") be a setting for each imported view, rather than a global setting, don't you think, Link?
Well I'm not so sure mate - I think it should just always be on, without any option. We always have the option to override it in each Drawing's Settings anyway right? Just check/uncheck Fit Frame to Drawing for the drawing you don't want to autofit?

These settings only apply to plans, sections, elevations, details, and 3D non-perspective, non-OpenGL, non-rendered views. So if we select 'None' when we set our view's Zooming options and use a marquee if we really want to limit our 3D non-perspective, non-OpenGL, non-rendered views we should be fine. Right?

Maybe I'm missing something?

Cheers,
Link.