Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Saving using the Amyuni PDF Converter

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made two layout books of my project, one to 1/8th scale that I can print to Tabloid size on my own Cannon i9900 printer, and one at 1/4" scale that I want to save on a CD so that I can take it to a commercial printer for Arch D size prints.

The 1/8" scale prints O.K, but when I try to save the 1/4 scale layout book it only lets me save as DWF, DWG, or DGN. I have scanned the help line and ArchiCad talk and I have followed the advice of the tech tip winner of march 2004 - all to no avail. I can find lots of advice on printing from the Amyuni but nothing on saving using this virtual printer. Can somebody please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong before I do my nut?

ArchiCad 8.1 Plotmaker 3.1
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The saving of PDFs is actually printing PDFs. Go to Print in the File menu and select the Amyuni printer. The Amyuni printer has to be installed from the ArchiDAD file if it isnt showing in the available printers dialogue box. Select the number of drawings to be printed first from Navigator by Ctrl clicking the layouts required and then print as above.

I hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Graeme, but I always highlight the Amyuni printer right from the Start dialogue, and I have tried using "print" in the publisher dialogue but it does not give me the PDF choice among all of the options. I have also tried "save" in the publishing method dialogue. It still does not allow me to save as a PDF. I have saved dwfs and dwgs but I can't save PDFs.
Paul
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can hardly remember all the way back to AC8.1, but you probably need to reinstall the PDF Converter. For AC9 on a PC it is at C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\PDF Converter\Install\Install.exe

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link: Thanks for your suggestion. I uninstalled my ArchiCad Start (8.1) programme and re-installed it. Then I went through all of the steps recommended in the TechTip of March 2004, but I still could not save as a PDF.

In September 2004 Archiguide I came across and article by Gergely Kmethy which suggested that if you are not logged in as a member of the administrator group some windows platforms don't allow the choice of saving as PDF in Plotmaker. He suggested a method of getting the privilege, but when I went to Control Panel/Administrator it didn't give me the option of entering Local security policy.

Do you have any other ideas please?