Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale in Autotexting and Indexes - Schedules

martin-b
Booster

When placing any Drawing on a layout, the autotext function lets me to pick up the Drawing's scale and write it automatically in the drawing information/stamp. Which is a very useful finction.

However, on Drawings that are showing Schedules (for example window schedules) that have preview images in a certain scale and that scale shows correctly also in their View Setting - these are not showing the right scale on a layout in autotexts.

I have Views with my window and door Schedules in scale 1:50, but the autotext on the layout says that the are in scale 1:1 no matter what.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong or is that a known bug?

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

It's always been that way, possibly because you can have different views & scales in the same schedule. You may already know this, but if it's a problem go to your Layout, select the schedule, open Drawing Settings and turn off "Include Scale in Autotexting and Indexes". Tip: This is also handy for 3D views. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
martin-b
Booster

I was talking about 2D/3D previews in a Schedule. I didn't know you could have these in different scales within the same Schedule.

But anyway, a Schedule saved as a View has a certain Scale assigned to it and in my logic, that scale should be the one that is showing as the Autotext on a Layout. That's how it works for every other View as far as I know.

Turning it off is unfortunately not an option for me, since I'm using these autotexts to generate scales in my Project Indexes. Unless I turn them off and place a dumb Drawing on the side with the "right" scale just to generate the right Autotext. But that somehow doesn't feel like the right way to do things with such "smart" program...