Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale sensitivity change

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to either edit the scale options to closer meet up to American drawing standards? IE instead of 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 go to 1:48, 1:96, etc?

Or, is there a way to set the existing scales to 'closest' instead of rounding up?

My issue is showing plan sets at 1/8" scale and 3/16" scale (1:96 and 1:64) ends up with the same scale sensitive setting (1:100).

Thanks
17 REPLIES 17
Lingwisyer
Guru
Change your working units to imperial an use the actual fractional scales?

Options => Project Preferences => Working Units

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
My working units are set to imperial, but this doesn't change the scale factors. These ratios seem independent and fixed at 1:50, 1:100 and 1:200 regardless of the drawing units.
Podolsky
Ace
Do you mean - scale sensitivity in GDL objets - like zones and labels?

If yes, then it's a problem of Imperial ArchiCAD Library (USA?). I don't know who is suppose to deal with that - is it responsibility of Graphisoft USA, or adaptations by countries are all done in Hungary...
But there is also possibility to fix these GDL objects, as GDL scripting is not so complicated. Maybe local distributors can help with this issue - I mean to re-write needed GDL objects?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes to scale sensitivity in GDL objects.

The easiest fix for my current issue would be to find if there is a setting for 'closest matching ratio' or whatever the correct language is. Having the 1:64 ratio match to Archicad's 1:50 in this case.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to adjust how the drawing scale relates to the scale sensitivity? So that 3/16" scale (1:64) gets the 1:50 scale sensitivity settings?
Podolsky
Ace
I don't really understand what do you mean by drawing scale? Scale bar object?

Could you post screenshots what the problem is? I hope we can help here to solve.
Lingwisyer
Guru
So objects such as the Zone Stamp which display different information depending on the scale, will adjust for the relevant imperial scale?

Ideally, your local distributor would include their own objects for each of these cases...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ling - yes that sounds right. I have reached out for help but not a lot of support on this side.

I have two images attached. They are at different imperial scales, but for example the zone stamp location is the same for each. Text will react to the scale difference, but gdl objects set at the archicad scales of 1:50, 1:100, etc will not.
Podolsky
Ace
This problem is possible to fix in GDL and it's not really complicated.
I mean - I can do it and I need for that maximum a day.

What I don't understand - why Graphisoft USA do not do that? USA is a big market for ArchiCAD, they must have headquarter there and responsible people, who is fixing USA library.

So, you have two options: 1. Ask me to fix it and tell me, which objects are problematic.
2. Push local distributors to contact headquarter and ask them to fix this problem. Local distributors sometimes just selling ArchiCAD and are not involved into such global things as errors fixing. But it's direct responsibility of Graphisoft USA.