Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Schedule 2 levels areas for zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working in a concept design and I want to surface the area of the different zones in two levels, is Iam working in a hotel, so I am looking for totalizing the square meters for the space dedicated to rooms, and then distinguing between subtypes of rooms. Is that possible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Marc H
Advisor
If I understand correctly, you wish to graphically show various room types in model and also sum the total area of each type.

- Yes, you can create custom zone categories for each room type (under Options menu, Zone Categories). A zone stamp with the area will allow plan view printing with the areas.
- Yes, you can apply building materials to the zones (I use various Glass colors which are similar to their category colors). These are viewable in 3D as objects.
- Yes, you can create an area Schedule and group on the Zone Categories. You can also group on zone names if you need a sub-total.
- I also create different layers for different zone measures (e.g., net, gross, etc). which is especially useful for large building calculations.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Marc H
Advisor
If I understand correctly, you wish to graphically show various room types in model and also sum the total area of each type.

- Yes, you can create custom zone categories for each room type (under Options menu, Zone Categories). A zone stamp with the area will allow plan view printing with the areas.
- Yes, you can apply building materials to the zones (I use various Glass colors which are similar to their category colors). These are viewable in 3D as objects.
- Yes, you can create an area Schedule and group on the Zone Categories. You can also group on zone names if you need a sub-total.
- I also create different layers for different zone measures (e.g., net, gross, etc). which is especially useful for large building calculations.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, you answer all my questions. But if you don't mind as I am newey. How do you create groups of zones.

Regards
Marc H
Advisor
The 'grouping' I refer to above is related the zone schedule/s you will want to include in your layouts (and data exports if needed). Since you have various properties for each zone (e.g., Zone Category, Layer, etc.), these properties are available for grouping in your zone schedule scheme. For example, if I want all the sum net area of a type of room on each floor, I would choose my 'room type' zone layer, add a sum for both floor and a room type zone category. I can also, of course, add a sum for all the floors to check against my calculated total.

The zone stamps fields included in more recent AC upgrades also provide additional properties for sorting and grouping, and these also provide opportunities for specific calculations.