Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Schedules don't drag between layouts

For some reason, I can't get schedules (e.g. door or window schedule) to drag between layouts. They seem stuck. I can drag regular views, no problem. And what's weird is that SOMETIMES I can drag schedules, but not usually. This seems to be true in AC20 as well as AC19.

EDIT: I think I may have found the problem. You need have the schedules in the View Map first, and drag onto the layout from there. THEN they are drag-able between layouts. If you drag from the Project Map directly onto the Layout, bypassing the View Map, they don't want to move. Just in case this helps someone else....
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is strange because if you drag a Project View item onto a Layout, a View Map item will be automatically created since Drawings placed on Layouts must always have a View as their source (which is why a View is created in such a case).
So there should not be any difference in behavior.
I tried it in AC20 on my computer and it works fine for me.

How do you move Drawings from one Layout to another? Maybe your method of moving them is different from the way I do it?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
I don't know how I did this, but apparently I managed to drag a couple of schedules from the Project Map directly onto layout without having the views (or at least good ones) created, which I just assumed had happened without checking. I'm pretty sure that I drag drawings the same as everyone else (lol), and it was working fine for everything except schedules. I think the "create view and place on Layout" command is probably a little more reliable than a direct drag of a schedule, so I'm using that now.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10