BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Scheduling volume of Joinery & Objects

Vincent G_
Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm trying to understand if it's possible (and somehow accurate) to schedule some objects volume. Typically joinery items (I'm using Ci Cabinets & Wardrobe 23), and locker 23. 
I need to schedule these volumes to make sure we match the min. requirements. 

Here is my schedule for the external storage, I'm using Locker 23. 

VincentG__0-1632485497771.png

The locker is 1700x875Dx2550H, should be ~3.8m3 brut (without counting the "frame"). I've tested every available volume but the only one working is net: 0.29 with the sum of all of them 4.35m3 

VincentG__1-1632485714105.png

Obviously not right. The same happens when I try to do the same for internal storage (wardrobe 23 & Ci cabinet). 

Am I missing something? Or is it just that objects can't be scheduled unless GDLed specifically? 
I could use zones or columns on a special layer as I used to do but I thought why not trying to directly schedule the object to avoid extra maintenance,

10 REPLIES 10

Sure mate, so imagine you got a storage space defined not by a piece of furniture that we could schedule with your expression, but like a tiny room with shelves fixed on the partition for instance, or a cleaner room to store brooms, vacuum and stuff. 

VincentG__0-1632783179096.png

The method I was using to schedule storage before you gave me your neat solution was the following:
Placing columns set on a hidden "storage" layer with a specific intersection number to ensure it doesn't mess with anything. Then you create a schedule that will measure the column volume. I usually gave it dedicated material to easily identify them.

VincentG__1-1632783497965.png

VincentG__2-1632783569659.png

You could probably do the same with zones or many other methods, we were using columns back then so we could define specific overrides on a work-view depending on how high they were, their bottom offset, which made it easy to maintain them in the kitchen for instance. If it was a 100mm offset + 800mm high then it was a typical kitchen cabinet, if 1500 offset and 600 high, a top cupboard. 

Learn and get certified!