Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Cut Surface Overrides.

Nicholas Jones
Booster
Good Day,

Would someone be so kind as to point out why this section will not override the cut surfaces?
No graphic overrides are on and the renovation filter is show all.

Uncut surfaces will override fine but the cut surfaces will only show 'own surface colours' or 'the cut fills as in settings'. but will not override with a single surface from within the elevation settings.

In the screenshot the cut elements should all show as glossy white.

AC25 solo UK • 2017 MacBook Pro 15" 2.9GHz Quad-core i7 16 gb ram

OSX10.15.5
3 REPLIES 3
Hello Nicholas Jones,

I invite you to use the same material or cover different materials with the same surface.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Nicholas Jones
Booster
Christophe wrote:
Hello Nicholas Jones,

I invite you to use the same material or cover different materials with the same surface.
Thank you for your input, The materials must be kept as they are for other sections and views which necessitate them.

I know that using a fill I can cover them and this is my temporary fix. But what I really want to know is why the command to override within section settings (something I use extensively) is being ignored or overridden by some other process.
AC25 solo UK • 2017 MacBook Pro 15" 2.9GHz Quad-core i7 16 gb ram

OSX10.15.5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for the report and I am sorry about the issue!

I guess you are using AC24, based on your signature. This is a known issue in AC24. Unfortunately, the only workaround is to use Graphics Override to cut surface, instead of using Cut Surface override in the Sections.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! If you have any further question, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT