Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Marker Text Doesn't Rotate in Rotated View

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've rotated particular plan views of my project because they'll work better on the sheet. For whatever reason I can't find how to rotate the text in the section marker head and it didn't automatically rotate with the view rotation. I searched for a bit but didn't find an answer. I assume I'm just missing something simple... Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve,

This should be done automatically. Are you using the built-in marker head, ie archicads standard one or do you have a custom marker head.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Marker settings> Marker Text Rotation
It may look different than the attached if your using a different Marker.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using both the Section Marker_NCS 16 and Section Part Marker_NCS 16.

Neither have automatically rotated and neither seem to have a setting to rotate the text..

I Have found that it works automatically and can be controlled on the built-in section marker.

Annoying that it doesn't on one shipped with AC other than the built-in.
Eduardo Rolon
Just a heads up to be sure,

To have the marker text rotate in Layout you need to save the view with the rotation (rotate the plan and select Update Zoom on your View Settings) if you rotate the placed drawing the text will not rotate.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

zoli79
Booster
I'm having the same issue with AC18. I tried to search for a solution and found this thread.
To me it seems that the Built-in Section Marker works fine, but the NCS markers don't. They are horizontal to the absolute 0 but not to the relative (view) 0. We could be using the built-in marker for building sections, but we need the NCS partial section marker for wall sections, so I can't figure out a good work-around at the moment. Too bad, because these are markers that come with the box. Hopefully AC19 and 20 has this solved...
macOS Ventura, ArchiCAD 26 - USA version