BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Markers Disappearing on Layouts

S A Harrison
Newcomer
I have a problem with the section markers disappearing on the layouts.
They are visible in the view map, the layer is turned on, but they are not visible on the layout page.
Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Sean Harrison
AC18, Windows 10
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
I would be guessing that the drawing on your layout is using a different view to the one you are opening in the view map.
Select the drawing in the layout and right click on it and choose "open source view".
This will open the view in Archicad with exactly the same settings that it was saved with.
If it appears wrong (i.e. marker layer turned off) then change what is necessary to make it look how you want.
Then in the View Map right click on the view (it should be selected already) and choose "Modify settings with current window settings".

Or if it is not the view selected that you were expecting then you have placed the wrong one in the layout.

Also be sure you are using an actual layer combination and not "custom" layers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
S A Harrison
Newcomer
Thanks Barry.
I did all that. The view on the layout is definatley the right one. When I right click on it and go the source (i.e. the view map) section markers are visible. When I go back to the layout section markers disappear.
I was thinking it may be some sort of bug that was happening to others as well.
Sean Harrison
AC18, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
You say that the view is the right one, but is it using a defined Layer Combination or is it Custom?

What version of AC and OS? (It pays to add these to the signature line in your forum Profile - button above - for future reference)
Bill
Contributor
This has been happening to me, too.

If I drag a copy of the marker, the copied marker is visible while the original still is not.

My workaround is to pick up the parameters of the original marker then inject it right back into the same marker... that made it visible for me.

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
S A Harrison
Newcomer
Thanks Bill,
That fixed it for me. I went into the view map, used the eyedropper to pick up the sections parameters and them injected them straight back into itself. After doing this they now appear on the layout page.
No doubt I have dragged copies of these section markers at some point during the project.
Thanks again.

Sean Harrison
Sean Harrison
AC18, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having similar problems.

I placed my elevation on a layout and the level markers and section markers do not show up on the layout.

I have double checked that it is the correct view and I even copied the parameters. This is for a school project that is due in a week so if someone could help me that would be great.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Certanly looks like a bug to me.

Perhaps it has to do with the home story of the marker (which I believe is determined by which story it was created on)?

When you hover over your marker, does the info tag show a home story at all?

Cheers,
Link.
Section Story.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are linked markers. They have a home story are on the correct layer.

They showed up on one of my elevations and I tried to copy the parameters but they are still not showing up.

I think that it may be a bug because they show up on one section but not the other.
Learn and get certified!