BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Section Markers are not showing up in BIMx

gdford
Advisor
V-24
My section markers are not showing up in BIMx... the elevation markers show up, but come and go depending on the zoom... I have never had this issue before and I am at a loss as to why this is happening.
Viewing bimx on ipad.
Older bimx projects are working fine though i have not tried rebuilding them.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
7 REPLIES 7
gdford
Advisor
I just opened an out of the box v24 template and using the section markers that were placed as part of that template and with a quick model, I published this to BIMx and these markers don't show up in bimx either....
Sounds like a bug to me.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
gdford
Advisor
I have confirmation from another party - V24 section markers are not showing up in Bimx.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the experience!

We have a defect registered in our database that might be similar to your case: If a section is considered too short in BIMx, the app will not display its Markers in 3D. Since there is no screenshot here, I'm not sure if it matches your problem. Could you help me to confirm if that's the case?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

gdford
Advisor
Thanks Minh,
The shortest marker is greater than 40' long and the longest marker is greater than 110' long. For what it is worth these are the Build-In Section Markers and as I mentioned this is a V24 project and I am viewing the bimx on an ipad pro. I changed out the section markers to the v24 section marker but that did not make any difference.
Also - I discovered that when viewing the same bimx export on an android device the markers are visible.
I removed the bimx app from the ipad pro and reinstalled but the markers still do not show up.
Older pre version 24 bimx models that have section markers are visible on the ipad pro.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for the reply!

If that's the case, would it be possible for you to send us the project file in PLA format, along with the BIMx file exported from this project for further investigation? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the files!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

gdford
Advisor
Yes - please give me a secure place to upload the files
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Gary,

As I was informed, our US support has already reached out to you and been investigating the issue. I suggest continuing the investigation with our first-line support to avoid double information and ensure faster response. Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT