BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section Markers (linked in other locations)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There

I have had a wee search around but havent seemed to come across this as yet, I have the Section Markers shown on my floor plans
some running north south and others running east west

when im looking at an east-west Cross section id like to be able to see all the north-south markers that would be visible in thier true correct location and if that marker gets moved on the floor plan its position would update live in the cross section also
I want to be able to customise the markers and their heights etc
It isnt obvious to me from looking anywhere inside the section marker tool

Im also wanting to make sure it is linked correctly in terms of my detail referencing and for opening views later in bimx hyper models which i still havent quite played with too much.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also along the same vein of what im trying to achieve

While im in Section E for example im trying to place linked markers to other sections: A B & C for example
so I select the Section marker tool and draw on a section with the options 'place linked marker' & 'the first placed drawing of the selected view'

draw it on and position it into place which is fine, and appears to be linked correctly and hasnt created a new viewport... BUT
when I copy all the linked markers i have made in this section E into section F
It creates completely new Sections in the view editor
'A1' 'B1''C1' and then in subsequent sections 'A2' 'B2' 'C2' and so on

WHY!? is it creating new viewpoints when they are selected as linked markers
i then have to go back and relink all the copied markers to their proper location ie Section A (not A1, A2 or A3 etc)
and then go and delete the superfluous views that Archicad has created

It would be good if sections shared the same 'intelligence' of Grid lines
where they can be turned on and off in section mode but obviously lacking the intelligence of taking you to a Cross Section viewpoint.

Am I going to have to go through this same rigmarole of a process to get my section markers on my elevations also?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this but it was working fine for me.
When I copied a Linked Marker and pasted it into another Viewpoint, it did not create new instances of the View int was linked to. So I could not reproduce this issue.
However, the wish part of this post I agree with. You should create a true wish out of this so we can vote on it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!