Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section and Elevation Markers

Eric Milberger
Advocate
I have created sections and elevations not realizing they should show the current Name and sheet they are placed on.

They have a Name A, B, etc and I would assume that would show now? And I assume the Page Number.

When Placed on a sheet - I go back to the plan and it shows the correct page number but calls the section 2 and not A which is the current Reference ID
Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
Change the ID of the elevations / sections. They reference sec / ele ID and back reference. The name only appears on the elevations / sections title block.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Eric Milberger
Advocate
I believe I did
I went to the section - Right licked and the ID says A
but the symbol says 2
Barry Kelly
What section marker are you using?
An in the marker settings, what has it been told to display?
Can you show a screen shot of the settings?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Is that when you select the View or the actual section marker in plan?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Eric Milberger
Advocate
I am finding other issues and don't know if hardware or software - problems span my two pc's so would assume software different issues on each machine
Eric Milberger
Advocate
Things are settling down now and whatever the technical problem was is resolving.
I determined what I was missing - and this is a newby question but one I wanted early so not to go to far and find I was missing something.

I was looking for a comment that said:
Your section marker will show a varible and will change once you place that section on a sheet.
Only then will the marker update with the information

Still learning the process and currently working daily across 3 platforms. AECOSIM, Mstation 1990, and Archicad. Makes life amusing.
henrybs14
Participant
I'm working in the default ArchiCAD template since I'm just playing with some stuff.

But anyway, I've placed a section marker. It hasn't been placed on a sheet yet.

Its ID is S-01, So we can change it to section "A" to achieve what you want.
I'm a fan of this 2 level marker, so I can show the ID on top and Sheet reference on the bottom. eg A/A1.00

The key box is the marker reference, which lets you select where the reference goes to.
Anyway the marker text, secondary text, notice how on my screen shot the layout reference is greyed out? Thats because it hasn't been placed on a sheet yet, but once I've done that, I can click into the marker reference box and decide where its linked to.

Normally once all this is done, you need to go back into the marker text and the secondary level and untick a box from memory.

Hope this helps!