BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section line lentgh

Anonymous
Not applicable
One more question if I may...

Is it possible to have the section lines showing in different lengths in different floor plans? I have a house with an extension in the ground floor, therefore the section line needs to be long, but above the ground floor, the section line doesn't need to be that long. Can we edit the display length?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Sure.
In one storey you place your section and make it whatever length you want.
Set it so it displays on that storey only but so it will cut to infinite height (or limit it to the height you want).
This one it to be set as the "Source Marker" in the properties.

Now in your other storey you place another section, but with this one you change it to a "Linked Marker" and it will ask you to select the section you want to link to (your original source section).
Make it display in that storey only.
You can adjust the size of this and it will not affect the source marker but when you open it then it will link to the source marker and actually open that section.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Thank you so much for your help. That was exactly what I was trying to achieve. My drawings are going to look waaaayyy better on print outs now.

I really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Learn and get certified!