Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section marker

Bling Keeta
Newcomer
Is there anyway to show section plan markers on selected stories? As on Main floor plan and Upper floor plan, but not on Site plan and roof plan? I see it’s either show All or on one of the stories, or setting vertical limits.
The Grid Tool lets me select which story i want to show grid lines. Does Section marker work like this?
Thanks for the help.
Ben Ling
B.L.LING ARCHITECT INC.
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
AC 20
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately it is all storeys or and individual storey.

But what you can do is show the 'source' marker on you main storey - with an infinite height so it still cuts through all storeys.
And then add a 'linked' marker to the upper storey and set it to show only on that storey.
You don't add linked markers to the site or roof storeys, so there will be nothing to show there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
sinceV6
Advocate
Or just another layer combo with section marker's layer off for the plan views you don't want them to show on.

Best regards.
Barry Kelly
sinceV6 wrote:
Or just another layer combo with section marker's layer off for the plan views you don't want them to show on.

Yeah, that will work too.
But if you want to show some elevation/section markers on and others off, you will have to have multiple marker layers.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Podolsky
Ace
But there is always possibility to program your own GDL object for section marker head, that can behave specifically - for example to be shown on selected stories or to be shifted on different stories in different locations. The only problem with this would be - section line will be still visible on all stories, so it needs to be hidden then.
If this problem about section marker appearance exists constantly (not only on one-two projects) - maybe it worth to consider about your own GDL object.
Bling Keeta
Newcomer
Thank you all.
I wish Graphisoft will make section marker tool to simply work like
Grid tool for selectively show markers.
Ben Ling
B.L.LING ARCHITECT INC.
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
AC 20
sinceV6
Advocate
Barry wrote:

Yeah, that will work too.
But if you want to show some elevation/section markers on and others off, you will have to have multiple marker layers.

Barry.
Correct, Barry. That's what I do.
The way I see it, if a section changes position for any reason, there's no need to hunt for the linked markers to align them; also new sections added on the correct layer show based on the layer combo. I guess it all depends on the project.

Best regards.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Bling wrote:
Thank you all.
I wish Graphisoft will make section marker tool to simply work like
Grid tool for selectively show markers.
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I have entered this wish into our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-1388). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT