Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section markers in different sizes stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

That´s my first post but i´m a lurker from a long time.

I´ve made some research before posting this and i didn´t found any answers.

I have a two-story house and the second story plan is much smaller then the first one. This causes a "problem": my secton markers are far away from the contours of my second floor plan. And if i try to move the markers just on the second story plan, it also moves on the first story plan.

So, my question is, can i move my section markers closer to the floor contours just in the second story plan?

Thank you very much!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here´s the second story
02.jpg
Barry Kelly
Place your makers on the ground floor and set them to show only on the ground floor.
Now on the upper floor you will place new markers that will only show on the upper floor but you will also change the marker properties to become "Place Linked Marker".
You will then be asked to choose the view that you want to link to - which will be the section on the ground floor.

The upper floor markers can be placed where ever you want now but will always link to the ground floor marker and show what ever the ground floor marker shows.

Make sure the vertical range of your ground floor marker is not limited or at least shows the height for the storeys that you want to show.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much!
Worked perfectly.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Welcome to the Forum,

I am hearing that many architectural firms in Brazil are starting to discover ARCHICAD just like you do.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your welcome message.

I don´t have this information but i believe it can be true.
I´m testing it in a small project (as i said) and i´m very satisfied with it until now!