BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section markers in elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
(new AC user)

I want to show in my elevations where some of my sections are cut (see attached image). Is there a better way to do this than using a Linked Marker, manually inserted in the elevation view? It seems like only getting halfway there... it updates automatically when i rearrange drawings, but if I move the actual section cut, I have turn on a trace reference and move the Linked Marker manually.

All helpful advice is appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's the best way AFAIK.

Not that we do that here, but if there's a better way I'd like to here it.

I presume that since S/E markers aren't 3D elements they can't show up in other views. It would probably take a fundamental change in these tools to achieve what you want, and even then it could be tricky to control.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe this should be a wish list item.

I've wondered for a while whether section/elevation markers could be given the same functionality as gridline markers i.e. visible in section/elevation and 3d as required and linked to plan location.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just came across this thread, +1 for wishlist
I created a thread similar to this here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=52557&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight...

Im surprised I thought Link would have a better idea for this
But i guess it requires a software improvement.

Link (I remember when you came to our workplace in Christchurch)
Im always trying to use ArchiCAD to the best of its a abilities
I plan to step it up this year and produce some more impressive BIMx Hyper-models this year, we normally just give our client a basic bimx 3d model to navigate at Preliminary stage, but We have some builders already using Ipads where a hyper-model would blow their mind
Anonymous
Not applicable
+1 to this wish. I think is something fundamental in a project documentation.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
methy wrote:
Im surprised I thought Link would have a better idea for this
But i guess it requires a software improvement.
I've got plenty of good ideas for this and a lot of other things, but sadly they're not in the program yet!

As I said earlier it would be a great feature but would be tricky to dictate which marker appeared in which viewpoint. Not impossible but it could get rather complex and confusing.

Cheers,
Link.
Bruce
Expert
Revit does this just fine
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Bruce wrote:
Speaking of complex and confusing

Cheers,
Link.
Bruce
Expert
Yeah, well - that too
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
alemanda
Advocate
Bruce wrote:
Somwhow Archicad does it too ... the only "bad" thing is that AC does it with the gridtool only ...

So the tecnology is already inside AC ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!