BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Select one and all are selected

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem I have is when I change the material selection on a column that I have put in front of a house, all the wall materials are changed as well even though they were not selected.
I can change the colour but not the materials.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure, but if you have done this correct, it sounds more like a bug of your installation. I have never seen this by my self, anyone else?
Djordje
Ace
BN_rslt wrote:
Problem I have is when I change the material selection on a column that I have put in front of a house, all the wall materials are changed as well even though they were not selected.
I can change the colour but not the materials.
This means that your walls and column have the same material.

Are you redefining the material, or are you applying a different material to the column?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to apply a new material. I am having the same problem when I try to make one wall a different texture from another, they all get changed to the new material.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are doing it the right way, then it must be a bug.
But, are you changing the material in "Wall Selection Settings" -> "Model" -> "Left/Right/Side - Material" ?

Or are you selecting a wall and then change material in "Material settings"?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to change it through Options>Elements attributes>material.
If I try through the 'wall selection setting' then it will change the colour but not the material.
I think you may be confusing materials with textures. When you do it through Element Attributes, you will change the look for everything that has that material assigned to it.

To change a material, you need to just select the material from the long list. However, there needs to be a texture (JPG etc.) associated to that material (assigned through Element Attributes>Material), or you will just get a color.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Richard

Thats done it
Learn and get certified!