Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Selection with space bar

Polar Bear
Booster

Hello All,

Here a very basic question.

Suppose i am starting a project with a dwg 2d file as a base.

I want to make a slab on top of the slab drawn on the 2D.  When i press the space bar, the line getting selected aren't necessarily the polygon representing the slab of the 2D.  It is rather random. Is there a way to vary the selection of space bar selection?

Ambiquous and somehow hard to articulate.  But getting there 🙂

Thanks!

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If the DWG is just lines, then the magic wand will just try to find connecting lines.

When three or more lines connect at one end point, the magic wand will get confused and have no idea which line you want to follow.

You are best to manually plot the points for you slab.

If the DWG has fills, the magic wand should be able to follow those if you click on the fill perimeter.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

Assuming you don't need the 2d linework I would place the DWG on a worksheet. You can then work on your normal layers using the worksheet as a trace reference, which you can turn on/off. I think it is rare to get a space bar selection to select the right areas for a slab in a DWG, it's more reliable to drag the slab over the trace and zoom in to make sure you connect to the required corners.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution

If the DWG is just lines, then the magic wand will just try to find connecting lines.

When three or more lines connect at one end point, the magic wand will get confused and have no idea which line you want to follow.

You are best to manually plot the points for you slab.

If the DWG has fills, the magic wand should be able to follow those if you click on the fill perimeter.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

and it can also help sometimes to Unify/Consolidate the .dwg lines/splines/arcs/polylines.... before you use the magic wand.  Edit - Reshape-Unify...

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25