Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Shadows and Openings visible through opaque surfaces

reidweber
Enthusiast
Hello, I'm having an issue with the 3D view and surfaces. In the view it seems that the material still has transparency because shadows and openings are showing through, but no other information is (i.e. linework). I do not want the material to be transparent as it is confusing and unnecessary. See the image attached. The surface material was transparent but then I adjusted it to zero. Thanks in advance.
-Reid
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I have no idea if this will help or not.

Check that you do not have duplicate walls in the same location - could even be in hidden layers.
They maybe trimming each other away allowing you to see through them?

Does switching to the Vectorial engine make a difference?
If that looks OK it may be an OpenGL issue.
Are your video drivers up to date?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Reid,

Thank you very much for the question!

Barry's suggestions are definitely worth checking. I would start with the model first - the wall itself first. Maybe you should also change the material/surface to a different one?

This is something that I have not seen before. If this issue happens with this file only, could you try to open it with another machine and see if the problem still happens? If yes, then I would need to have a closer look at the file to see what went wrong.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

reidweber
Enthusiast
Thank you both for the replies. I've since gone back into the model and I can't recreate the issue. I've seen this on other files before occasionally so will keep that list of possible solutions handy.
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x