Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Show Zones in Section or Elevation Archicad 25

reidweber
Enthusiast

Hello, I am excited to see that you can now view zones in section and elevations in Archicad 25. This feature prompted me to download this version and transfer from 24.  But when I open a file, I cannot figure out how to display a zone in Section. Is there a toggle I'm missing to display that information?  In the graphisoft overview it went into a lot of detail about the new zone tag but the zones aren't visible in section to tag. 

Floor Plan showing Zones

Screenshot 2021-11-03 105131.png

Section not showing Zones

Screenshot 2021-11-03 105302.png

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
41 REPLIES 41

The zone changes are feature of the 4013 update.

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Dave Jochum
Advocate

This is completely nuts. There might actually be a solution here, but I've spent an hour and haven't found it. There should simply be a method to make the zone have no color/opaqueness/transparancy at all--plan, section, 3D. Just turn the dang thing OFF. Sorry--a little frustrated. What am I missing?

Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)

@Dave Jochum wrote:

Just turn the dang thing OFF. Sorry--a little frustrated. What am I missing?

That is exactly what I have resorted to doing.

Just turn the zone layer off in sections but leave the labels in an annotation layer (and don't hide with associated element).

No need for graphic overrides or transparency to be turned on.

Only downside is you have to temporarily turn the zone layer on when you want to add the labels.

I have always had my zones in their own layer, and that layer has never been turned on in my sections as we never had zones in sections.

So I haven't haven't to change anything with respect to layer combinations.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Actually there is. All you need is a GO which changes "Glass" to a non transparent material/surface, like this

solidGlassTransparentZone.jpg

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

See my please below

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

Thanks, Barry. This and David Shorter's solution are all too labor intensive. I'll simply continue with labeling zones in section manually with text. Graphisoft--this should be as simple as a check box to display only the label in section. Even the method of using a GO in plan, as I've always done, is an unnecessary burden.

Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
TracyGA
Contributor

I was really excited to see that you could access zones in section, but this seems like a lot of extra work to make it "workable".  Additionally, the only reason I was really excited about this was to be able to have a zone stamp in my rooms in section, but am not seeing a way to get this.  Is there a way to turn on a zone stamp in section?

No, you can't use zone stamps.

You must use zone labels.

These labels can be in a different layer to the zone and you don't have to 'Hide with associated objects'.

So you can turn the zone layer off and leave the label there.

You can also now have multiple labels in different layers and different positions for different scales - which you could never do with zone stamps.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can also select all the Zones in a Section and Label them in a single step with the "Document > Annotation > Label selected elements" menu command.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TracyGA
Contributor

Thank you!  Both of these ideas dawned on me shortly after posting this!  I am really excited to finally be able to auto label my zones in section! 🙂