BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Show room name and number in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Possibly a basic question but I can't find a simple solution in Archicad. Coming from a Revit background it's so easy to 'tag' a room in plan and then it can also be 'tagged' again in section/ elevation/ detail etc. I.e wherever else you might see it, using the data that you have already put into the 'room'. The 'room' being the equivalent of a 'zone' in Archicad. So I can see the room name, number, area etc. when I 'tag' it.

However, I cannot figure out how to get the same thing to happen in Archicad. The zones I have in plan are all labelled with their zone stamps working fine but I don't seem to be able to show this same information in section. What am I missing? Or is this not possible in Archicad? Seems crazy to be adding 2D 'dumb' information when the information already exists in the zone?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
aditi wrote:
Your option 2, I (and a collegue) have tried in AC22 but neither of us could get it to work. It just showed the label with "#Zone" without actually picking up the info from the zone.

Make sure your label Geometry Method is set to 'Associative' and that you link the label to an element or object within the zone you want to label.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hello aditi,

I already use this tool : http://simpleaddon.com/Eng/zn_product.html
There is this one too : https://4dproof.com/4dproof-blog/archicad-21s-first-work-around/

I do not use these kind of tools because do not spend enough time by writing them.
The label tool on an element of the room could allow you to retrieve its name.
PLAN

ELEVATION

You are able to :
- call a automatic texte into the Label (about zone)
- delete the arrow and the line between the label and the linked element
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your help! I'll have to ask our IT department if they can install the plugin. Your option 2, I (and a collegue) have tried in AC22 but neither of us could get it to work. It just showed the label with "#Zone" without actually picking up the info from the zone.

I find it strange that such a simple thing as this isn't already embedded in Archicad!
aditi wrote:
I (and a collegue) have tried in AC22 but neither of us could get it to work. It just showed the label with "#Zone" without actually picking up the info from the zone.
It didn’t take more than 2 min to complete the example in question (screenshots include) !
Do you want I help you about this step ?
aditi wrote:
I find it strange that such a simple thing as this isn't already embedded in Archicad!
It might be better for you to understand how Archicad works before arriving at this type of conclusion.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru
Zones in Section has been a long standing wish among the community...

There is one: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=56039

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution
Barry Kelly
aditi wrote:
Your option 2, I (and a collegue) have tried in AC22 but neither of us could get it to work. It just showed the label with "#Zone" without actually picking up the info from the zone.

Make sure your label Geometry Method is set to 'Associative' and that you link the label to an element or object within the zone you want to label.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh! That solved it.

Ok got the labelling working in section. Thank you both!
Learn and get certified!