BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Dwight & Karl, both suppositions are viable;) but i will rather take the lec's one.

Thanks 😉
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi !
May i ask what is this element used for ?
Preventing tiny valuable family members from exiting base jump accidents.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi !
May i ask what is this element used for ?
Preventing tiny valuable family members from exiting base jump accidents.
Again wot he said....

In Scotland the Building Regs for Doemestic and Buildings the public use such as Malls, Hotels Libraries etc require any opening on a stair or landing must not allow a sphere greater than 99mm pass. This includes open stair risers (which in the Regs they suggest shouldn't be used in domestic situations but it's not mandatory thankfully in this case). This applies to Englandshire as well but I maybe wrong about that, their regs are a bit weird.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my last rendering....I know its not very good but done the Job for the customer....!
Recent re-render of an old project I worked on a little while ago to test VRay's RT (RealTime) based stand-alone renderer.
Single family residence.
Usual workflow -> ArchiCAD ->.3ds/.obj -> 3ds Max/Vray ->Photoshop postpro

Courtyard view with Sectional cut-aways

Balcony views with 3DCut-away plans

Terrace/Patio view
For comparison, a Day and Night interior view of the same project done before, but this time with Maxwell render through a straight ArchiCAD to Maxwell render via the Maxwell plugin for AC.
No postprocessing on these ones.

Obviously the Maxwell one's have superior lighting for the interior views, especially with the Day render and that Skylight, with a price.....

However the render times for these (done at the same time, obviously thanks to Maxwell's multilight feature) was between 20-30 hours.
The VRay ones averaged between 1-3 hours each.

Day view:

Night View :

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent renderings Bricklyne Clarence...

Would it be possible for a screenshot of the ArchiCAD view in the first set (exterior) renderings please? I love to see what you started with.

Nathan
greysheep5
Contributor
so Bricklyne Clarence, was it vrayRT now or the "normal" vray? i don´t quite get this whole comparison thingy? you could light the model in vray at least as good as the maxwell model if you want to, would be no problem! a few vraylights here and there and a sun/sky system i guess and it would look just the same as your maxwell rendering? and as you said, the rendertimes speak for themself... but to say maxwell produces better renderings? nah, i really doubt that i have to say.

christoph.
christoph koehler I cy architecturevisualization.
www.cy-architecture.com
www.facebook.com/cyarchitecturevisualization
Anonymous
Not applicable
kritikos79 wrote:
This is my last rendering....I know its not very good but done the Job for the customer....!
Nice render kritikos79. I am assuming you rendered this in artlantis based on your signature... I like how the grass "overlaps" the retaining wall. How was this achieved? Is there a special tool in Artlantis that does this? Or is it a photoshop thing? Thanks for posting the image up.
NStocks wrote:
Excellent renderings Bricklyne Clarence...

Would it be possible for a screenshot of the ArchiCAD view in the first set (exterior) renderings please? I love to see what you started with.

Nathan
Here you go.

These are a couple of ArchiCAD screenshots for both the interior and exterior shots along with a Maxwell direct export render from that last exterior view.

ArchiCAD screenshots :

Maxwell export render view after a couple of hours baking :

Learn and get certified!