Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Sightline wrote:
One more
Very good work. What programs did you use ?
It uses Sony Cyber-Shot !
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi everyone,
here are a couple of simple renders cooked with Thea. No post-pro, except for resizing.
Even the BW render used the Camera Response Function feature of Thea, which allows for mimicking real life film/CCD behaviour.
C&C welcome.

Cheers
Francois
file.jpg
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
One more...
file-1.jpg
François Chatelain
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
And finally...
François Chatelain
Cool. Good time to buy while it is still in beta.

http://www.thearender.com/cms/

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Steve wrote:
Cool. Good time to buy while it is still in beta.
Yep, especially when you have a look at the intended roadmap for future revisions;-)
What amazes me is the genius and dedication of Giannis, founder and developer of Thea.
Simply go for it, you can't go wrong.

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Yes. I bought my Maxell when it was in beta. I think it was $150. It's been a great value. Still not a ArchiCAD plug-in but we would probably not use it anyway. Just save as .obj or .3ds

Thea is awsom.

http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2093&start=0

I wish ArchiCAD would publish a Roadmap of where they plan to take us.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a rendering I did recently for a project on a very challenging lot. It overlooks the Snake River Gorge in Idaho, and the lot itself has lava rock cliffs and lots of sagebrush. Rendered in Lightworks, then Sketch, then combined in Photoshop where the site was also created from various photos. Landscaping features were not added as we like to keep the client focused on the architecture at this stage. Comments appreciated.

Foster
Hidden-Lakes-1200.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
Your striking monochrome approach is excellent for concepts while avoiding over-commitment to color.

Superb renderings like this should be used as examples in my books!

Wait. One already is!!!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't posted in this thread for a long time, so here is a recent rendering of an old project I made for my web-site:

@ John: This is an outstanding rendering, John! If I didn't know your work I would have never believed it had been made in AC!

@ François: Could you, please, share the rendering time and original resolution ot the last interior picture for comparison?