Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
kliment wrote:
here is a recent rendering of an old project I made for my web-site
Nice! What rendering program did you use?
Anonymous
Not applicable
3dsMAx + VRay.
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
@ François: Could you, please, share the rendering time and original resolution ot the last interior picture for comparison?

Hi Kliment,
original res was 1920x1080, and rendering time was around 1h30 as far as I can remember.
The scene is roughly 36m polys with displacement and instancing.

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, François, this is a pretty impressive rendering time, especially compared to Maxwell rendering times, mentioned here! So I'll probably have a look at Thea, which I will definitely not do with Maxwell. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight & Kliment: Thanks for the feedback!

Francois & Kliment: I have been playing around with Thea for some time now and am also really impressed... So much so that I recently bought it! I remember trying out Artlantis, but I decided against it as I couldn't stand constantly importing and exporting between it and ArchiCAD after changes were made (and changes are always being made to a project!). And I also didn't see much, if any, improvement with it over Lightworks. But Thea is just so impressive that I am willing to give it a shot!

Foster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are a tiny practice and don't do much visualisation at all. So this is all a bit new for us. Would love any feedback you can give. This is straight outta Lightworks in ArchiCAD.

Cheers.
Dwight
Newcomer
If you intend to do any LightWorks illustration, you need my book. It will help you:

- turn off the idiotic camera light.
- put some color in your lights - yellow and blue.
- convince you that THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS WHITE.
– not rely so much on ambient light that flattens space.
- texture the walls so they aren't so scalded by direct light.
- add darkness and drama.

because these are the main flaws in your image.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Linus wrote:
...Would love any feedback you can give. This is straight outta Lightworks in ArchiCAD.
How about making a custom texture for the sides of the brick archways so you see the bricks curving around? Or maybe even use the 'Masonry Arch Segmental' library object which uses tapered bricks, rather than normal bricks with tapered joints?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
If you intend to do any LightWorks illustration, you need my book.
Yes, i thought you'd say that =] I'm sure you're right. Its on my shopping list for some point in the future. Thanks for the advice, tho, which has helped a lot. I did have colour on most of the lights but they were getting swamped by the ambient, which is now down at 50% from about 150%!. I've turned off the camera light (it was already down at 25% - some of the glare on the ambos is coming from the photo taken on site, unfortunately, not the render settings). I've also changed the walls to have kind of a dialled down version of the stucco finish, rather than being totally flat, think that's what you meant. See next post for more drama.
Peter wrote:
use the 'Masonry Arch Segmental' library object
Thanks, hadn't thought of that - The poor representation of the brick arches is the thing that's bugged me most about the model. They're currently made using complex profile and a curved wall, turned into a very dirty gdl object, so there's not much scope to get the textures to look right. Using 3 or 4 of the Masonry Arches on top of one another might work, and i'll give it a go this w/e if i get a chance.
996 - high view from aisle towards new screen Rev E.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same thing but with the main lights turned off.