BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Show walls as a single line

mattandrews
Participant

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple site plan that shows the roof outline and wall outline.

I'd like to show the external face of external walls as a single line. Is this possible?

Archicad 24

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

No, walls will always show their thickness.

I magic wand a perimeter fill around my external walls and show this on a site plan layer (turning the wall layer off).

An extra advantage of this is you can now calculate the area of the building.

I also add fills around my carports, garages, patios, alfresco areas, etc., as well.

Even paving, paths and driveways if you don't want to model them with 3D elements.

Give each fill an ID representing what they are, and you can now start getting schedules of the building and paving areas.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

No, walls will always show their thickness.

I magic wand a perimeter fill around my external walls and show this on a site plan layer (turning the wall layer off).

An extra advantage of this is you can now calculate the area of the building.

I also add fills around my carports, garages, patios, alfresco areas, etc., as well.

Even paving, paths and driveways if you don't want to model them with 3D elements.

Give each fill an ID representing what they are, and you can now start getting schedules of the building and paving areas.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Podolsky
Ace

You can achieve showing a wall only with one line using composite wall type. In wall settings you can control visibility of skin separator lines and outlines. Only note, that it will work if you choose cut representation of the wall, in outline or overhead it will still show two lines.

Learn and get certified!